Critical PPE Provided to Hospitals, Health Departments, EMS and Highway Patrol
HICKORY, N.C. (April 7, 2020) – HICKORY, N.C. (April 24, 2020) – During this critical time, many healthcare professionals are in need of supplies to help protect their workers. In response, Shurtape Technologies, LLC, an industry-leading manufacturer and marketer of adhesive tape and consumer home and office products, has donated over 30,000 N95 respirators – since March – to front-line healthcare, emergency services, and law enforcement professionals battling COVID-19 in North Carolina, Ohio, Connecticut and Florida, where the Company has manufacturing and distribution facilities.
Recipients of the much-needed personal protective equipment include:
- Catawba Valley Medical Center, Hickory, N.C.
- Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge, Morganton, N.C.
- Caldwell Memorial Hospital Foundation, Lenoir, N.C.
- Davis Medical Center, Statesville, N.C.
- Health Departments in Catawba, Caldwell, Alexander, Burke and Iredell Counties
- Emergency Management Services and Fire Departments serving Catawba, Caldwell, Alexander, Burke and Iredell Counties
- North Carolina Highway Patrol
- The Cleveland Clinic, Avon, Ohio
- Cherry Brook Healthcare Center, Canton, Conn.
- Emergency Management Services serving Manatee County
“Fostering stewardship through giving back to our communities is part of who we are at Shurtape. More than a decade ago, we developed an emergency response plan in preparation for the H1N1 pandemic. As part of that plan, and with the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees being paramount, we established a supply list of materials, including N95 respirators, to support our organization,” said Mark Hawes, director of environmental health, safety and compliance for Shurtape Technologies. “Thankfully, we did not need those materials during that time, so we properly stored and maintained our supplies, which has, today, allowed us to contribute to the front-line fight against COVID-19.”