The Shurtape group of companies strives to improve the lives of others through educational opportunities, community outreach, charitable donations and volunteer programs. Here are a few of the ways in which we are committed to giving back to our communities:
- We partner with the corporate work study program at Saint Martin dePorres High School in Cleveland, Ohio, which provides exceptional students with the opportunity to experience a professional work environment while attending high school.
- Our Helping Hands team coordinates teams of volunteer employees to service local communities and facilitates fundraising efforts within the company.
- Ohio-based employees often participate in the Junior Achievement program, volunteering their time to teach planned lessons to students K-12.
- We provide work space on the grounds of Shurtape headquarters in Hickory, NC, for PORCH, a nonprofit food assistance program that provides help for needy families in Catawba County, NC.
- North Carolina middle school students have the opportunity to get a look inside companies that involve science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) through our participation in the annual Extreme STEM Tour.
- Our North Carolina employees participate in an annual funds drive to support United Way – and we have since its founding in our community in 1943.
- Throughout the organization, our employees contribute to local charities and support longstanding commitments to these organizations.
Giving back to the community is something that has always been important for ShurTech Brands. Our company has always looked for ways to support the non-profit world because we feel it is important to enrich the lives of others as much as we can. Whether it is through...