Supporting the Fight Against COVID-19
Shurtape has a long history of supporting the communities in which we operate, and never has there been a time of greater need than in response to the ever-changing COVID-19 pandemic.
Response: Joining the Fight
We have joined our communities in the fight against this health crisis through donations of both critical personal protective equipment (PPE) and tape products, as well as financial contributions.
Below are just a few examples:
- 20,000 masks were produced by the University of North Carolina (UNC) using Shurtape® brand DP 401 double-sided tape.
- UNC also used Shurtape® brand VP 415, BT 200 and P- 628 marking and gaffer’s tapes to define work areas and safety zones.
- Countless grocery stores, clinics, pharmacies, retail stores and more used Shurtape® brand floor marking, masking and duct tapes to support social distancing efforts.
- +30,000 N95 respirators were donated to front-line services, including local hospitals, health departments, EMS and highway patrol agencies in North Carolina, Ohio, Connecticut and Florida (where the Company has manufacturing and distribution facilities). These were masks that were properly stored and maintained since the H1N1 pandemic 10 years ago.
- +3,000 rolls of Duck Tape® were distributed to key retail partners for use in drive-thru COVID testing centers and other in-store activities.
- Several cases of colored masking tape were donated to the Cleveland Clinic (in Ohio) for color-coding test kits and vials.
- Shurtape and Duke Energy partnered to support COVID-19 relief efforts in Catawba County via a combined $30,000 donation to the Eastern Catawba Cooperative Christian Ministry (ECCCM), helping to equip ECCCM to provide critical crisis assistance services to the many families in the community who were impacted by the spread of COVID-19. These funds helped to keep families secure in their homes, with utilities on and food in their pantries.
- And numerous requests were fulfilled for mounting tapes and weatherstripping to support small business efforts in manufacturing face shields.
With COVID-19 likely to be with us indefinitely, Shurtape remains committed to prioritizing the health, safety and wellbeing of its employees, partners and communities, while taking appropriate actions to help stop the spread and adapt to this “new normal.